Sunday 15 February 2015

I Dated A Girl Named World...


I remember it like it was yesterday 
when I saw her…

The envy of every man she was…

Every one chased her no matter what in fact… 
they were willing to chase even if it meant 
running through walls…

And those … who tasted her love where addicted 
to its sweet sting …

And sweet… sixteen’s who never tasted her love grew an unquenchable thirst for it…

They itched… for her love to  savor …

Moreover… those that had her before spoke of adventures with her that where better off left untold…

They rang... 
ideas in young minds which …
when mixed with a pinch of curiosity and a dash of worldly inclination began to unfold…

Revealing evils worse than those we had 
from days of old…

Her name is world…
And I had fallen for her…

When I saw her I thought a fling would be fun…

Sunny… the day I saw her… 
and I thought forever it would be so…

Because she… was promised to me like the warmth of the sun…
But when she came she smelled of death 
like a bullet from a gun…

Our love affair was over long before it begun….

She promised me a lot of things in addition to what I had…
But when it all ended I was left with this…
Cold… frozen dead beat and numb heart …

So of ice I turned… 
I lost the ability to love or feel it…

And she claimed it was unintended…

But I could tell from how it ended she …
Had this all planed out it seemed like a routine…

But still young teens… 
fall for her hoping for a different outcome …

And how come!!! … 
am the rule and not the exception!??…
Her reception 
was different from the check out … 
I remember she was nicer…

But she left me broken… 
torn lacerated fractured…

The pain was real could tell from all the fallen heart structures…

I was tormented by bad choices
made obvious by my contusions broken bones and fractures…

Such an actor… she convinced me she loved me ….
Now am convinced she’s something else …

Let’s call her lust… 
the complete opposite of love…

I blame myself though… 
I knew what love looked like …
But I ignored all signs and I settled for its look alike…

Look alive!!! 
She shouted 
whenever I would try to have a quiet time with my bible …

She was jealous rude 
and did not rejoice in the truth the bible…
Was her enemy and not a friend …

My friends … 
said she was never kind 
but blinded by lust I advised them… 
“Never mind her, shell come around”…

But she moved around 
boasting in her fortune 
and rejoicing in the misery of others …

I was bothered now … 
by her inability to put others first … 
it was like she thirsts to be viewed as being better than others…

And worst of all 
she never dreamt of a future with me… 
I was just a pawn in her game…
Called lust… 

I know her so believe me when I say…
I once dated a girl named world… 

No comments:

Post a Comment